Seeing the Glass Half Full
By Suzi April, Live Life Coach
In coaching clients, I have created the Live Life Philosophy. What does that mean? Simply put, I coach people to see the glass half full.
Have you ever stopped to consider what is going right in your life? Are you aware of what is working and experience life in a flow of good energy? Do you tend to be happy and confident?
If your answer is YES, you have likely developed great skills to navigate your way free of judgment, attachments and beliefs that can weigh you down. You experience a sense of inner peace and confidence with each new day. You see the glass half full.
If your answer is NO, then you most likely have developed the habit of living your life focused on what is wrong -- seeing the glass half empty. This not only keeps you from experiencing your full potential, it creates stress and zaps you of energy. This can be especially true if you make choices based on what you think you SHOULD do, rather than what you want to do. Following the "shoulds" means letting others run your life or, if you don't take the time to chart your own course, it means simply reacting to situations as they arise.
In every single moment you have the opportunity to shift your viewpoint and move away from the habitual thoughts and behaviors that leave you feeling tired, unsatisfied and living a chaotic life.
Here are 8 Life Coaching Tips to help you shift from the glass half empty to the glass half full:
· Focus on what IS working and build on that.
· Maintain an Attitude of Gratitude. There is always something or someone to be thankful for.
· Learn from every experience, good or bad; look for the silver lining.
· Explore what brings you pleasure and spend time doing more of the things you enjoy.
· Spend time in nature, even if it's just a few moments a day. Inhale the beauty of the day.
· Smile more often; you’ll be amazed at the response you receive.
· Ask for what YOU want.
· Laughter is the best medicine; find the humor when things don't go quite as planned.
Bonus Tip: Take time for yourself and consider how you might do things differently!
Complimentary Coaching Session
If you're having trouble seeing the glass half full, contact me for a complimentary consultation. We can begin to explore your issues and concerns – and discover if working together can help you live the life you truly desire.